Intex Recreation - DO NOT BUY INTEX ULTRA FRAME POOL
Purchased the Ultra frame after reading good reviews on Amazon (purchased directly from Intex).We went above and beyond w/ preparing the site b/c we planned to build a deck around the pool.
We graded, compacted, added stone for extra ground strength, added sand and installed drains so the area would be become excessively wet. We installed the pool and confirm it was level and supported extremely well. Next we added a concrete wall and decking. Pool was satisfactorily until 7/16/16.
I came home that evening and saw 1 side was sagging. 5 of the metal supports had BENT around the concrete support (concrete blocks were used as shown by the Intex installation video). I was horrified at the condition of these metal supports. If my daughter had been swimming while these supports were degrading the pool would have collapsed and she would have been swept out forcefully right into the concrete block wall.
This isn't just a complaint about a defective part; what you provided us with is a dangerous product. I do not want replacement supports; i cannot trust that the new supports would perform any better. I have pictures to support a superior installation and all the bent supports. I did a researched prior to buying this pool and had not come across a complaint of this nature.
I can’t stress how dangerous this is and how lucky we are that this pool did not cause serious bodily harm as well as property damage.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service completely unhelpful
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Purchased the Ultra frame after reading good reviews on Amazon (purchased directly from Intex). We went above and beyond w/ preparing the site b/c we planned to..."
- "Buyer BEWARE!!! Had their spa cover for 9 months when the vinyl faded and the foam inside started degrading causing slumping. Owner blames it all on your abuse of their..."
- "I have only had this faucet since March of 2015, six months later it is already leaking at the sprayer. If all water is not out of the sprayer after..."
- "I signed up with Coventry Healthcare of NC after reading in their summary of coverage that they have a $15 copay for sick visits and a $24/$40 copay for prescriptions...."
- "Being new in the business world, no schooling on how to operate a business, I made the mistake by giving a Local Lighthouse Rep my time. The woman was very..."
- "I ordered a flower arrangement from Teleflora before Christmas. What I received looked nothing like what I ordered or was expecting. It had no roses, no holly, no red..."
- "I called them today because my package looks like delivered but I didn't receive it. The woman on the phone was rude and nasty. She told me that people living..."
- "I have known and respected Jesse Keyes for over 25 years. Jesse Keyes has a successful list of credentials in his academic and professional life. After meeting him at Princeton,..."
- "Ridiculous delays in shipping, packaging that is clearly labeled "FRAGILE" on all sides of the box is NOT being taken note of, many packages arrive smashed. I have witnessed drivers..."