Intex Recreation - DO NOT BUY INTEX ULTRA FRAME POOL

3 of 60 Intex Recreation reviews

Purchased the Ultra frame after reading good reviews on Amazon (purchased directly from Intex).We went above and beyond w/ preparing the site b/c we planned to build a deck around the pool.

We graded, compacted, added stone for extra ground strength, added sand and installed drains so the area would be become excessively wet. We installed the pool and confirm it was level and supported extremely well. Next we added a concrete wall and decking. Pool was satisfactorily until 7/16/16.

I came home that evening and saw 1 side was sagging. 5 of the metal supports had BENT around the concrete support (concrete blocks were used as shown by the Intex installation video). I was horrified at the condition of these metal supports. If my daughter had been swimming while these supports were degrading the pool would have collapsed and she would have been swept out forcefully right into the concrete block wall.

This isn't just a complaint about a defective part; what you provided us with is a dangerous product. I do not want replacement supports; i cannot trust that the new supports would perform any better. I have pictures to support a superior installation and all the bent supports. I did a researched prior to buying this pool and had not come across a complaint of this nature.

I can’t stress how dangerous this is and how lucky we are that this pool did not cause serious bodily harm as well as property damage.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Intex Ultra Frame 32 X 16
Review category
Plumbing fixtures
review #891097

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Intex Recreation? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
3 of 60 Intex Recreation reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 05 #1195241 Edgware, Barnet, United Kingdom

The block you have used doesn't look wide enough to support the whole width of the leg so it has buckled (probably from someone standing on the top frame) and didn't have anything under it to fully support it, which made it bend either side of the block.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.