We have used a Krystal Clear Saltwater system each of the last four years.The first one we purchased lasted the season, then the power supply went out.
The second lasted two seasons, then the power supply went out. All in all, based on the money we saved in chemicals, it wasn't that bad so we purchased this product in May of this year. We received it, it worked for a week, then we got the dreaded 92 high salt code. Intex (Chinese support of course) sent us a titanium electrode to replace, which took about 10 days.
We replaced that, it worked one night, for about 3 hours, then 92 High Salt Code. Intex (Chinese support once again) sent a new control unit, which took another 10 days. Set it up, worked for about 3 hours, then 92 HIgh Salt Code. Called Chinese Intex support back again, said they would send yet ANOTHER titanium electrode, which of course we still haven't received.
Called Amazon, they were kind enough to send out a new unit, we are shipping back the old original unit. Connect the new unit, it works brilliantly for two nights, 6 total hours, then last night, 92 High Salt Code. By the way, I have an ultra frame rectangle pool, 115 pounds of salt into just over 4500 gallons of water. My salt has been tested several times since set up and has always been in the proper range and I have not added salt.
This product has been a nightmare this year. We have to use chemical chlorine now in our salt water pool, which defeats the purpose. The biggest problem we have had has been the horrible Chinese Intex Support. I emailed them and they said I had to call the number for resolution.
Based on the reviews, either you get a good unit or a bad unit and we obviously got two bad units this year.
We have nowhere to turn to remedy this situation at this point.Good Luck to all that purchase this, hope you win the lottery and get a good unit because a salt water pool with a chlorine generator is a wonderful combination.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service completely unhelpful
- No expedited delivery due to defective unit
- Sloppy company poor poor poor customer service
- Defective items that i have to repair
- Reason of review:
- VERY poor Customer Service and DEFECTIVE items
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Krystal Saltwater System
- Review category
- Plumbing fixtures
You May Also Like
- " I have purchased a twin air bed on 2014 six weeks later the air pump stop working and I contact customer service they request me to send them 2..."
- "Our aquaglass tub shower unit was installed in 2007 when our house was built. It has been fixed 3 times due to poor quality. Seems to want to crack..."
- "Purchased the Ultra frame after reading good reviews on Amazon (purchased directly from Intex). We went above and beyond w/ preparing the site b/c we planned to..."
- "In the app it had a special deal 12 months for $4.99/month. I did it and paid the $64.79 for the year... well needless to say I got charged but..."
- "I have a 2011 Keystone Springdale 29 RLS travel trailer and found corrosion holes about 2 inches from the roof and about 2 feet from the front of..."
- "I ordered this dress in november and just got it a week before Christmas, that was too, long for me and it fits like a 3t when i ordered a..."
- "PHILIP MENICI CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE BEWARE DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street..."
- "My friend experienced a death and I wanted to send flowers. Their website didn't work, forcing me to call which was a nightmare in and of itself. It..."
- "A few weeks ago, I purchased a pair of MK snakeskin slip-on sneakers. The store did not have my size, so the woman assisting me ordered the correct size to..."