We have used a Krystal Clear Saltwater system each of the last four years.The first one we purchased lasted the season, then the power supply went out.
The second lasted two seasons, then the power supply went out. All in all, based on the money we saved in chemicals, it wasn't that bad so we purchased this product in May of this year. We received it, it worked for a week, then we got the dreaded 92 high salt code. Intex (Chinese support of course) sent us a titanium electrode to replace, which took about 10 days.
We replaced that, it worked one night, for about 3 hours, then 92 High Salt Code. Intex (Chinese support once again) sent a new control unit, which took another 10 days. Set it up, worked for about 3 hours, then 92 HIgh Salt Code. Called Chinese Intex support back again, said they would send yet ANOTHER titanium electrode, which of course we still haven't received.
Called Amazon, they were kind enough to send out a new unit, we are shipping back the old original unit. Connect the new unit, it works brilliantly for two nights, 6 total hours, then last night, 92 High Salt Code. By the way, I have an ultra frame rectangle pool, 115 pounds of salt into just over 4500 gallons of water. My salt has been tested several times since set up and has always been in the proper range and I have not added salt.
This product has been a nightmare this year. We have to use chemical chlorine now in our salt water pool, which defeats the purpose. The biggest problem we have had has been the horrible Chinese Intex Support. I emailed them and they said I had to call the number for resolution.
Based on the reviews, either you get a good unit or a bad unit and we obviously got two bad units this year.
We have nowhere to turn to remedy this situation at this point.Good Luck to all that purchase this, hope you win the lottery and get a good unit because a salt water pool with a chlorine generator is a wonderful combination.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service completely unhelpful
- No expedited delivery due to defective unit
- Sloppy company poor poor poor customer service
- Defective items that i have to repair
- Reason of review:
- VERY poor Customer Service and DEFECTIVE items
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Krystal Saltwater System
- Review category
- Plumbing fixtures
You May Also Like
- "Our new spa was delivered today and the main pump would not start up..it would only hum. The delivery guy tried both speed settings and got nothing but a hum..He..."
- "I had been doing business with Spriritual Quest for a few years buying the occasional low dollar item. My main initial interest was an herbal supplement called Protandim. I was..."
- "For the last 10 years I have had a Pfister kitchen faucet. Very happy with the way it looks and the way it workED. One day, 3 weeks ago, the..."
- "Ordered a JG r36c, a 8.4 volt 1600mah, red/green dot scope, 4x 4000rds golden ball .20g, 470rd speed loader, silicon oil, intellect volt smart charger, and also bought the shipping..."
- "In the app it had a special deal 12 months for $4.99/month. I did it and paid the $64.79 for the year... well needless to say I got charged but..."
- "Poorly made dress, was supoosed to be a 5t, fits like a 3t. Sleves only wrap half way around arms, and one b isnt even made to stay right. The..."
- "This driver was sitting in traffic blocking the road for 20 minutes talking on his cell phone. I stopped because i use this company and thought the truck was disabled..."
- "Good day, We bought a Westinghouse TV ($238) from Wal-Mart in Brossard, Quebec, Canada on the 16th of July 2016, less than a month and half later it wouldn’t work,..."
- "Beware! I would not recommend Gateway Select Properties to anyone! The 'owner' Katherine Work is really a piece of Work! Do NOT, i repeat, DO NOT sign their faulty lease..."