We have used a Krystal Clear Saltwater system each of the last four years.The first one we purchased lasted the season, then the power supply went out.
The second lasted two seasons, then the power supply went out. All in all, based on the money we saved in chemicals, it wasn't that bad so we purchased this product in May of this year. We received it, it worked for a week, then we got the dreaded 92 high salt code. Intex (Chinese support of course) sent us a titanium electrode to replace, which took about 10 days.
We replaced that, it worked one night, for about 3 hours, then 92 High Salt Code. Intex (Chinese support once again) sent a new control unit, which took another 10 days. Set it up, worked for about 3 hours, then 92 HIgh Salt Code. Called Chinese Intex support back again, said they would send yet ANOTHER titanium electrode, which of course we still haven't received.
Called Amazon, they were kind enough to send out a new unit, we are shipping back the old original unit. Connect the new unit, it works brilliantly for two nights, 6 total hours, then last night, 92 High Salt Code. By the way, I have an ultra frame rectangle pool, 115 pounds of salt into just over 4500 gallons of water. My salt has been tested several times since set up and has always been in the proper range and I have not added salt.
This product has been a nightmare this year. We have to use chemical chlorine now in our salt water pool, which defeats the purpose. The biggest problem we have had has been the horrible Chinese Intex Support. I emailed them and they said I had to call the number for resolution.
Based on the reviews, either you get a good unit or a bad unit and we obviously got two bad units this year.
We have nowhere to turn to remedy this situation at this point.Good Luck to all that purchase this, hope you win the lottery and get a good unit because a salt water pool with a chlorine generator is a wonderful combination.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service completely unhelpful
- No expedited delivery due to defective unit
- Sloppy company poor poor poor customer service
- Defective items that i have to repair
- Reason of review:
- VERY poor Customer Service and DEFECTIVE items
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Krystal Saltwater System
- Review category
- Plumbing fixtures
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My spa cover took 6 weeks to be delivered. Kyle explained that they never guess where a customer wants there tie downs. Apparently common sense is not there strong..."
- "I have only had this faucet since March of 2015, six months later it is already leaking at the sprayer. If all water is not out of the sprayer after..."
- "Buyer BEWARE!!! Had their spa cover for 9 months when the vinyl faded and the foam inside started degrading causing slumping. Owner blames it all on your abuse of their..."
- "Only ordered one item from the company original soe gear and have to say i love what i got. Ordered theyre wallet that they sekl to try out the products..."
- "On 1/22/17 I entered Walgreens pharmacy around 6:45. I gave the pharmacist my mothers prescription. She then informed me that they had stopped filling prescriptions. The prescription was on an..."
- "I have ordered several things over several years and absolutely love the gear that I get. I understand that the wait is long on some things but the quality is..."
- "My daughter ordered a dress from dress lily and the first picture is of what they "were advertising" and the second picture is what we received!! You'd have to be..."
- "In the app it had a special deal 12 months for $4.99/month. I did it and paid the $64.79 for the year... well needless to say I got charged but..."
- "I went through the drive thru for convenience because I had my kids with me and I had just gotten off of..."