Intex Recreation - Buyer Beware!

We have used a Krystal Clear Saltwater system each of the last four years.The first one we purchased lasted the season, then the power supply went out.

The second lasted two seasons, then the power supply went out. All in all, based on the money we saved in chemicals, it wasn't that bad so we purchased this product in May of this year. We received it, it worked for a week, then we got the dreaded 92 high salt code. Intex (Chinese support of course) sent us a titanium electrode to replace, which took about 10 days.

We replaced that, it worked one night, for about 3 hours, then 92 High Salt Code. Intex (Chinese support once again) sent a new control unit, which took another 10 days. Set it up, worked for about 3 hours, then 92 HIgh Salt Code. Called Chinese Intex support back again, said they would send yet ANOTHER titanium electrode, which of course we still haven't received.

Called Amazon, they were kind enough to send out a new unit, we are shipping back the old original unit. Connect the new unit, it works brilliantly for two nights, 6 total hours, then last night, 92 High Salt Code. By the way, I have an ultra frame rectangle pool, 115 pounds of salt into just over 4500 gallons of water. My salt has been tested several times since set up and has always been in the proper range and I have not added salt.

This product has been a nightmare this year. We have to use chemical chlorine now in our salt water pool, which defeats the purpose. The biggest problem we have had has been the horrible Chinese Intex Support. I emailed them and they said I had to call the number for resolution.

Based on the reviews, either you get a good unit or a bad unit and we obviously got two bad units this year.

We have nowhere to turn to remedy this situation at this point.Good Luck to all that purchase this, hope you win the lottery and get a good unit because a salt water pool with a chlorine generator is a wonderful combination.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Customer service completely unhelpful
    • No expedited delivery due to defective unit
    • Sloppy company poor poor poor customer service
    • Defective items that i have to repair

Reason of review:
VERY poor Customer Service and DEFECTIVE items
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Krystal Saltwater System
Review category
Plumbing fixtures
review #877641 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Intex Recreation? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Intex Recreation. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Intex Recreation.
Filing a new complaint about